Panelists: Caren Mason, President & CEO, STAAR Surgical Company; Michael Onuscheck, Global Franchise Head, Surgical for Alcon; Malvina B. Eydelman, MD, Director, Division of Ophthalmic and Ear, Nose and Throat Devices, FDA; Bonnie Henderson, MD, President-Elect, ASCRS.
Survey results from the OWL Signature Event at the 2016 ASCRS in New Orleans, “Diversity Beyond Demographics” Panel Discussion show that OWL was very successful in providing networking opportunities and an impactful message on the importance of Diversity within the organization.
Out of approximately 220 attendees, 38 responded to the outcomes survey, representing a 17% response rate (excellent for the first round of such an initiative!). Survey highlights include:
- 92% were satisfied or extremely satisfied with the networking reception.
- 89% were satisfied or extremely satisfied with the main program portion of the event.
- 94% believe that diversity is impactful or extremely impactful for an organization’s cultural health.
- 92% believe that diversity is impactful or extremely impactful for an organization’s financial health.
- 73% feel confident or extremely confident to adopt specific tactics to drive diversity in leadership following this event.
“Real world experience shared from the panel. This allowed the audience to connect and reflect better on the topic at hand.”
“Hearing the panel members talk about their experiences and what they believe about diversity; seeing my friends/colleagues at this event is always a highlight.”
“I am very impressed with OWL’s growth and how they are talking about “diversity” instead of women’s issue.”
For more information about the OWL Signature Event Outcomes Report, contact Erin Schallhorn.