Ophthalmic Women Leaders (OWL) today announced that Marguerite McDonald, MD, has been named the organization’s recipient of the 2012 Visionary Woman Award. This is the first year for the award, which is expected to become an annual honor for extraordinary nominees who have worked to advance women in eye care.
OWL members were invited to nominate candidates and vote for one of the three finalists:
- Tamara Bogetti, MBA -- Publisher at Bryn Mawr Communications;
- Suzanne Bruno, MBA, COE -- Administrator of Horizon Eye Care in Southern New Jersey; and
- Marguerite McDonald, MD -- Ophthalmologist with Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island
“As our winner, Marguerite McDonald exemplifies what the Visionary Woman Award was created to celebrate,” said OWL President
. “Along with being noted for performing the first laser vision correction procedure and elected as the first female president of ASCRS and ISRS, she takes an active role in advancing women’s careers through mentoring. She is a trailblazer in every way.”
The award will be presented at OWL's signature reception on Monday, April 23rd from 5:30-7:00pm at the Hilton Chicago.
The reception, in addition to several other OWL programs, is held in conjunction with the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) conference in
. Additional programs include:
- Executive Roundtable: Leading & Motivating a Multigenerational Workforce - Sat., April 21 - 7 to 8:30 am
- Executive Roundtable: Tips & Tricks to Successfully Running a Small Business - Mon., April 23 - 7 to 8:30 am
Lunch & Learn: Becoming a
- Mon., April 23 - 12 to 1 pm
Details and registration for the Visionary Woman Award reception and other OWL programs can be found on OWL’s website at www.owlsite.org.
About Ophthalmic Women Leaders (OWL):
Founded in 2003, Ophthalmic Women Leaders (OWL) is the preeminent nonprofit organization for the professional development and advancement of women in the eye care industry. OWL is led by accomplished female executives and industry experts, with members from the medical and corporate communities. For more information, visit www.owlsite.org or contact Molly Schar at email@example.com.
# # #