Awards To Recognize Members Who Are Advancing Diversity in Leadership
Kansas City, MO – August 3, 2016 – OWL, a national, not-for-profit organization dedicated to driving ophthalmic innovation and patient care by advancing diversity in leadership, today announced the official candidates for the 2016 OWL Awards. The OWL Awards include the Visionary Award, Catalyst Award, and Rising Star Award, and are given to those who best exemplify OWL’s core values and vision.
“All of the 2016 nominees are outstanding contributors to our industry, to our mission surrounding diversity and to providing more inclusive opportunities for collaboration,” said Heather Ready, OWL President. “Among the very strong group of nominees, three award winners will be selected and announced at our Signature Event during the 2016 American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) meeting.”
The following finalists were selected by OWL’s Awards Committee:
- Marsha Link, PhD, Founder and principal, Link Consulting, and Past-President, OWL
- Jim Mazzo, Global President of Ophthalmology, Carl Zeiss Meditec
- Dick Lindstrom, MD, Founder and Attending Surgeon, Minnesota Eye Consultants, and
Adjunct Professor Emeritus, University of Minnesota in Minneapolis
- Candy Simerson, President and COO, Minnesota Eye Consultants, Minneapolis, MN
- Bill Trattler, MD, Director of Cornea, Center For Excellence In Eye Care, and Advisor to OWL Membership Committee
- Beth Marsh, Commercial Strategist, Shire Ophthalmics, and Chairman of Development Committee, OWL
- Bindu Manne, Regional Business Director, Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, and Co-Chairman of Membership Committee, OWL
- Marjan Farid, MD, Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, Irvine, CA
- Kristen Ingenito, Market Analyst, Market Scope, and Co-Chairman of Program Committee, OWL
From August 10th through September 9th, members of OWL are invited to place their vote by visiting www.owlsite.org. Winners will be announced at OWL’s Signature event at the AAO meeting in Chicago on October 16th, 5:30-7:00 pm at the Hyatt McCormick Place.
About OWL, Advancing Diversity in Leadership
Founded more than 10 years ago, OWL members represent a diverse group of accomplished professionals and practitioners from across ophthalmology. Based in the belief that diverse leadership results in better outcomes, OWL works across ophthalmology to provide professional and personal development and opportunities for collaboration through extensive programs, events, and online offerings. For more information, visit www.owlsite.org.
Angela Bedell, Executive Director
Lauren Colella, Pascale Communications