- Any woman in any position within eye care is eligible for the award
- Nominees should have demonstrated leadership in helping women to advance in eye care. (For example: mentoring/sponsorship of promising women; diversity advocacy; advancing herself as a "trailblazer")
- Each current OWL member was able to nominate one woman for the award. Each current OWL member may vote one time for one award finalist.
OWL members are invited to vote for one finalist during the voting period of March 20 to April 2, 2012. The award winner will be announced prior to the ASCRS event.
To vote, please click "register" and complete the form, including the last section specific to the nominee.
The finalists are:
- Tamara Bogetti, MBA -- publisher at Bryn Mawr Communications;
- Suzanne Bruno, MBA, COE -- administrator of Horizon Eye Care in Southern New Jersey; and
- Marguerite McDonald, MD -- ophthalmologist with Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island.
The Visionary Woman Award is brought to you by the Lindstrom Family Foundation, with support from all of OWL's 2012 Grand Sponsors.